Practice Blog entry

    Hello I'm Edgar Leo Vega, a 19 year old that's lived in Arizona his whole life. Currently I take classes at GCC and work for Amazon part time. Some of my interests includes the outdoors, caring for my pets and gaming. I love fishing and its one of my main hobbies my favorite location to go fishing is Lake Pleasant. I find it relaxing and at the same time exciting whenever you actually land a good catch.

 I used to work at neighborhood Walmart as a stocker and part of my job was to push carts, one of my biggest pet peeves is when people leave their carts wherever they want and it further infuriates me when people say "they pay people to get them". No! They pay people to get them from the cart corral to the inside of the store, putting your cart at the end of the parking lot just makes someone's job so much harder. Another specific pet peeve that I have is in relation to my current job, I do Amazon return and the quality of the boxes may vary. Some boxes are easier to work with because they are smaller or some boxes have multiple smaller items inside them. Normally the procedure is get the boxes that are closest to you on the conveyer belt to your left but some people travel around the warehouse cherry picking the better boxes just to make their lives easier at the cost of everyone else's. 

My greatest goal is to land a job that isn't really a job, what I mean by that is getting to do something I love doing so much I wouldn't even consider doing it working. The only thing that is unique from me is my finger prints. 

Comments

  1. Hii Edgar!! I think is really cool that you like finishing I like to fish to!! Also we share the same pet peeve I hate how people leave their carts not where they go. - dania duran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Edgar I haven't started the working process yet but understand how people not being considerate about your job can be infuriating. When going out to shop I usually put my cart away and if there is other carts everywhere I will try to help and put them neatly in the cart place. So do know that there are people that try to help even if their is others who can be inconsiderate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Edgar, I completely agree about the Walmart carts. I personally do try my best to put the carts back after I use them because I know how it feels to have clients expect you to do "your job" when they are adding something unnecessary that was in fact NOT in the job description. I admire that you were able to vent about the frustrations that comes with working at amazon. Thank you for giving me a new found respect for amazon workers. - Jesse

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #9 Artificial Food Dyes

Blog #7: Film Fresh

Blog #10 Christmas