Entry #3. Refreshing

As I go to the store to pick up an item for my assignment I notice the amount of people shopping, It's as if it were black Friday and all the TVs were on BOGO. As I walk through the crowded Isled I'm reminded that the Item I'm looking for is In the fount of the store. I look down and see the flat disc-shaped packaging, which reminds me of simpler times. I arrived at the self-checkout where all I could hear was the beeping from people scanning item after item. Then I hopped into my car and drove home. There was no traffic present it was as if there were an apocalypse.

I got home and grabbed the container, the sound when tearing the outer packaging felt like zipping up a jacket on a cold winter morning. As I remove the clear plastic cling I hear the rumbling and crumbling of the material in my hands. I gently toss the plastic wrapping into the trash bin missing the first time and reluctantly making it the second. I open up the container and immediately I am hit with a mighty aroma. The fragrance had a pleasant fruity side as if I were running through an orchard of raspberries. I then grab a single piece and gently toss it into my mouth. Without delay, I feel the refreshing feeling course throughout my mouth as if I were gargling mouthwash. As these feelings dissolve into my mouth I find myself craving another. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #9 Artificial Food Dyes

Blog #7: Film Fresh

Blog #10 Christmas