Blog #10 Christmas

Christmas is what most people consider the best day not just a holiday but the best day of the entire year. According to Statista Christmas ranks top 3 on the best holiday in the United States only being beaten out by holidays like Thanksgiving and Memorial Day surprisingly. Kids like this holiday only because they know they're going to receive something in the morning under their Christmas tree. At least that's how I viewed Christmas growing up, as I got older I started to understand that Christmas was more of a day that we get to spend with the family rather than just a day of handing out gifts.

 In my household we treat Christmas like an upgraded version of Thanksgiving, some years we even cook a turkey up too. Other years we make meals for the family like pozole or tamales, something that we can enjoy that day and have enough left over to enjoy for the rest of the week. Every year my household is filled with my whole extended family including uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces,  grandparents, and all my cousins. Most people make Christmas just the moment of opening presents in the morning or midnight but it's so much more than just that. It's a time of the year when people get to be home together with their families and share a meal. Some people only get a few days a year to fly out to be with their families so I'm going to take advantage of the time I have with my family. 



Comments

  1. Hello Edgar. I like how you chose to talk about Christmas. It is truly a special holiday that everyone must appreciate. It is a magical time where family and friends gather together to celebrate this beautiful holiday. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #9 Artificial Food Dyes

Blog #7: Film Fresh